Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 6:33 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 2:15 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > As far as I know, this 0001 addresses all outstanding comments and
> > fixes the reported bug.
> >
> > Does anyone think otherwise?
>
> If they do, they're keeping quiet, so I committed this and
> back-patched it to v15.
>
> Regarding 0002 -- should it, perhaps, use PGAlignedBlock?

Yes we can do that, although here we are not using this buffer
directly as a "Page" so we do not have any real alignment issue but I
do not see any problem in using PGAlignedBlock so change that.

> Although 0002 is formally a performance optimization, I'm inclined to
> think that if we're going to commit it, it should also be back-patched
> into v15, because letting the code diverge when we're not even out of
> beta yet seems painful.

Yeah that makes sense to me.

--
Regards,