Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 2:15 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I know, this 0001 addresses all outstanding comments and
> fixes the reported bug.
>
> Does anyone think otherwise?

If they do, they're keeping quiet, so I committed this and
back-patched it to v15.

Regarding 0002 -- should it, perhaps, use PGAlignedBlock?

Although 0002 is formally a performance optimization, I'm inclined to
think that if we're going to commit it, it should also be back-patched
into v15, because letting the code diverge when we're not even out of
beta yet seems painful.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com