Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 5:18 PM, Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
I didn't reproduce the regression. I had access to multicore machine but didn't see either regression on low clients or improvements on high clients.
In the attached path spinlock delay was exposed in s_lock.h and used in LockBufHdr().
Dilip, could you try this version of patch? Could you also run perf or other profiler in the case of regression. It would be nice to compare profiles with and without patch. We probably could find the cause of regression.

OK, I will test it, sometime in this week.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar