Re: Stabilizing the test_decoding checks, take N - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dilip Kumar
Subject Re: Stabilizing the test_decoding checks, take N
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 3:29 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> This needs to be verified once by doing some manual testing as it may
> not be easily reproducible every time. If this happens to be true then
> I think your suggestion related to increasing autovacuum_naptime would
> work.
>

> I will try to reproduce this, maybe by reducing the autovacuum_naptime or parallelly running some script that
continuouslyperforms DDL-only transactions.

I have reproduced it [1] by repeatedly running the attached
script(stream.sql) from one session and parallely running the vacuum
analysis from the another session.

I have also changed the config for testing decoding to set the
autovacuum_naptime to 1d (patch attached)

[1]
Result without vacuum analyze:
                 data
 opening a streamed block for transaction
 streaming change for transaction
 streaming change for transaction
 streaming change for transaction
 streaming change for transaction
 streaming change for transaction
 streaming change for transaction
 streaming change for transaction
 streaming change for transaction
 streaming change for transaction
 streaming change for transaction
 closing a streamed block for transaction
 committing streamed transaction
(13 rows)

Result with parallely running VACUUM ANALYZE

                   data
 opening a streamed block for transaction
 streaming change for transaction
 streaming change for transaction
 streaming change for transaction
 streaming change for transaction
 streaming change for transaction
 streaming change for transaction
 streaming change for transaction
 streaming change for transaction
 streaming change for transaction
 closing a streamed block for transaction
 opening a streamed block for transaction
 streaming change for transaction
 closing a streamed block for transaction
 committing streamed transaction
(15 rows)

--
Regards,