Re: Stabilizing the test_decoding checks, take N - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Stabilizing the test_decoding checks, take N
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 11:38 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 3:29 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > This needs to be verified once by doing some manual testing as it may
> > not be easily reproducible every time. If this happens to be true then
> > I think your suggestion related to increasing autovacuum_naptime would
> > work.
> >

> > I will try to reproduce this, maybe by reducing the autovacuum_naptime or parallelly running some script that
continuouslyperforms DDL-only transactions.

> I have reproduced it [1] by repeatedly running the attached
> script(stream.sql) from one session and parallely running the vacuum
> analysis from the another session.
>
> I have also changed the config for testing decoding to set the
> autovacuum_naptime to 1d (patch attached)

Thanks, I am also able to see similar results. This shows the analysis
was right. I will push the autovacuum_naptime change in HEAD and 14
(as both contains this test) tomorrow unless someone thinks otherwise.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.