Re: [pgadmin-hackers] patch for RM2243 and RM2244 [pgAdmin4] - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Harshal Dhumal
Subject Re: [pgadmin-hackers] patch for RM2243 and RM2244 [pgAdmin4]
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

--
Harshal Dhumal
Software Engineer

EnterpriseDB India: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 7:02 AM, Harshal Dhumal
<harshal.dhumal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is patch for RM2243 and RM2244
>
> Changes: 1. Pickup correct encoding in qtLiteral to decode.
> 2. While releasing database connection only decode database name if it's not
> unicode.

This fixes 2243, but 2244 is an SQL error that occurs when querying
tables with no columns in the Query Tool. Although Fahar found it
whilst testing with an Arabic name, it's otherwise unrelated.

Patch committed to fix 2243 only.

Yes right, I missed that. I thought 2244 was also related to encoding.

Please find attached patch for RM2244.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page