Re: pgsql function for roman2decimal? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Erik Brandsberg
Subject Re: pgsql function for roman2decimal?
Date
List pgsql-sql
If the core code already does one direction (I didn't know this) then I would agree.  It seems that both would make sense to be in a separate module, due to the rarity of use, possibly just as an "exotic function" module, which would have a lower barrier of entry to adding code to.

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 5:24 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 05:14:27PM -0400, Erik Brandsberg wrote:
> This really feels like something that should be part of a module and not the
> core code.

Well, we already do the numeric to Roman conversion, so doing the
reverse seems to make sense:

        SELECT to_char(335, 'RN');
             to_char
                 CCCXXXV