Re: pgsql function for roman2decimal? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pgsql function for roman2decimal?
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 05:28:51PM -0400, Erik Brandsberg wrote:
> If the core code already does one direction (I didn't know this) then I would
> agree.  It seems that both would make sense to be in a separate module, due to
> the rarity of use, possibly just as an "exotic function" module, which would
> have a lower barrier of entry to adding code to.

Well, I don't think we would remove the numeric to Roman conversion
since it would break backward compatibility, and it isn't much code, so
going in the forward direction of adding a Roman to numeric conversion
would make sense in the core code.