Re: point_ops for GiST - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Keller
Subject Re: point_ops for GiST
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Alexander

Thanks for your succinct reply.
Actually I considered contributing myself for the first time to
PostgreSQL and/or PostGIS.
So, concluding from your explanations there's no big use case behind
build-in geometric types except serving as reference implementation?
I'm still torn over this splitting resources to implement types like
geometry twice.

:Stefan