Installed. Now what? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Phoenix Kiula
Subject Installed. Now what?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi.

I use CentOS 5, 64bit.

PG is 9.0.5.

I did "yum install pgbouncer" and got this:

---------------
Running Transaction
  Installing     : libevent
                                                     1/2
  Installing     : pgbouncer
                                                     2/2
warning: /etc/pgbouncer.ini created as /etc/pgbouncer.ini.rpmnew

Installed:
  pgbouncer.x86_64 0:1.4.2-1.rhel5

Dependency Installed:
  libevent.x86_64 0:2.0.12-1.rhel5

---------------

Now what?

1. Do I need to set up the "/etc/pgbouncer.ini.rpmnew" as
"/etc/pgbouncer.ini" and then change settings in it? What do I change?
How? The FAQ is super geeky and unhelpful. As is the sparse info on
the PG Wiki on pgbouncer. How can I tune pgbouner settings?

2. Does pgbouncer start automatically every time PG starts, or do I
have to setup a script to do so? How does pgbouncer start and keep
running?

3. How do I access pgbouncer inside my PHP code? Do I need to change
anything at all, can I just use the usual "pg_connect()" function?

Thanks!