Re: [GENERAL] import .sql file into PostgreSQL database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gaurav
Subject Re: [GENERAL] import .sql file into PostgreSQL database
Date
List pgsql-general
Just going thru old emails and came across this one. Thought to text you. How have you been? What are you up to? How can I rejoin this group?

Gaurav

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 7:32 PM Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 1:02 AM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
> I think that message is coming from the OS; messages from Postgres are
> usual more specific, for example, "Permission denied for relation....".
>
> It looks as if you haven't the OS permissions  to read the SQL file.
On Windows, you need either to play with icacls to set some read
permissions or you can change it directly using the properties menu
findable by right-clicking on the culprit file.
--
Michael