Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Fixed 2190 - Move languageselection to Preferences. - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Khushboo Vashi
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Fixed 2190 - Move languageselection to Preferences.
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave,

I have fixed the issue and the patch for the same is attached, but the Binary path options are not translated properly.

We register the preferences before the first request of the app. In this case we don't have any language loaded, so it will take only English.
To fix this issue, I had explicitly added gettext for the labels and help messages while opening the Preference dialogue.
All the labels and help messages render properly except Binary paths; as at run time we don't get the translation of 'EDB Advanced Server Binary Path'. We have translations like below:

#: pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/types.py:59
msgid "{0} Binary Path"
msgstr "Ścieżka Binarna {0}"

So, in this case my suggestion is to have the entire label/help messages translations.
So, that the Preference dialogue can translate run time.

Thanks,
Khushboo