Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Fixed 2190 - Move languageselection to Preferences. - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Fixed 2190 - Move languageselection to Preferences.
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 7:49 AM, Khushboo Vashi
<khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I have fixed the issue and the patch for the same is attached, but the
> Binary path options are not translated properly.

Thanks - committed.

> We register the preferences before the first request of the app. In this
> case we don't have any language loaded, so it will take only English.
> To fix this issue, I had explicitly added gettext for the labels and help
> messages while opening the Preference dialogue.
> All the labels and help messages render properly except Binary paths; as at
> run time we don't get the translation of 'EDB Advanced Server Binary Path'.
> We have translations like below:
>
> #: pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/types.py:59
> msgid "{0} Binary Path"
> msgstr "Ścieżka Binarna {0}"
>
> So, in this case my suggestion is to have the entire label/help messages
> translations.
> So, that the Preference dialogue can translate run time.

I'm fine with that; however, the strings should come from the
underlying drivers of course, as only they should have specific
knowledge of details such as the name of the database server they
provide access to.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page