Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM #2899: Provide access keys/shortcuts to allcommonly used menu options in the main window. - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Khushboo Vashi
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM #2899: Provide access keys/shortcuts to allcommonly used menu options in the main window.
Date
In response to Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM #2899: Provide access keys/shortcuts to allcommonly used menu options in the main window.  (Joao De Almeida Pereira <jdealmeidapereira@pivotal.io>)
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Joao,

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 7:57 PM, Joao De Almeida Pereira <jdealmeidapereira@pivotal.io> wrote:
Hello Khushboo,
We were looking into the your patch and have some questions.

  - What is the reason being the front end shortcuts being registered in the python code? There is already some precedent in the code, but this looks like a concern of the front end.

We have given customisable keyboard shortcuts through preferences dialogue and to do so we need to register them first.
  - Didn't saw any tests around this, did you create them?

Added feature test for the keyboard shortcuts in my previous patch which was committed.

While testing it out, in the Mac, when I press Option + Shift + E while selecting 'Tables' node, no information is given to the user that the object as no properties, like Option + Shift + V does, is this intentional?(Same with Option + Shift + D)

They are collection nodes and it is quite obvious that they can not be edited, so as per me, no need for extra information.
In which situation can Direct debugging be used?

Just provided the shortcut for it, the detailed information can be found @https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/2.x/debugger.html
Should the documentation specify the Shortcuts for Mac as well?

Shortcuts are not specific to the platform, they are common for all the platforms and the document also specify the same.

Thanks
Joao

Thanks,
Khushboo