Re: [HACKERS] wal_level > WAL_LEVEL_LOGICAL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Neha Khatri
Subject Re: [HACKERS] wal_level > WAL_LEVEL_LOGICAL
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 24 May 2017 at 10:29 pm, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Neha Khatri <nehakhatri5@gmail.com> wrote:
> As per my understabding, current postgres server supports only three
> values for wal_level i.e. 'minimal' , 'replica' or 'logical'. But
> following error message brought to notice that there are various code
> spots that try to look for wal_level >= WAL_LEVEL_LOGICAL:

I suspect that this was intended as future-proofing.  I think it's
actually very reasonable to write the internal tests that way,

Agreed. Share the same thought and also started another thread just for the user visible error message improvement [1]. In that thread the error message is perceived to be correct.

but it
does seem strange that it's crept into the user-visible error
messages.

Yep, this seems useful for developer but not the end user.

Regards,
Neha
--
Cheers,