Re: [HACKERS] wal_level > WAL_LEVEL_LOGICAL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] wal_level > WAL_LEVEL_LOGICAL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Neha Khatri <nehakhatri5@gmail.com> wrote:
> As per my understabding, current postgres server supports only three
> values for wal_level i.e. 'minimal' , 'replica' or 'logical'. But
> following error message brought to notice that there are various code
> spots that try to look for wal_level >= WAL_LEVEL_LOGICAL:

I suspect that this was intended as future-proofing.  I think it's
actually very reasonable to write the internal tests that way, but it
does seem strange that it's crept into the user-visible error
messages.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company