Re: User Details for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: User Details for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 9 May 2019 at 16:43, Kumar, Virendra <Virendra.Kumar@guycarp.com> wrote:

Hello Team,

We are looking for some audit information about user creation. We need a few audit fields which we did not find in PostgreSQL. I would be happy if someone help us in finding these details. Besically we need information about:

1.       User creation date

2.       Last Password change date

Do we have a way to get these values or can somebody guide us how we can store and get these values while creating user.

Regards,

Virendra

Since there is a diversity of ways of managing this information, including outside the database, there is no way to assert a true-in-general mechanism for this.

Indeed, if you are interested in managing such information particularly carefully, you may wish to use mechanisms such as PAM, Kerberos, LDAP, GSSAPI for this, in which case PostgreSQL may have no responsibility in the matter of managing passwords.  It is quite likely a good idea to use something like Kerberos if you have the concerns that you describe, and if so, the audit information you want would be collected from Kerberos, not PostgreSQL