Binary downloads and upgrading the host OS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Browder
Subject Binary downloads and upgrading the host OS
Date
List pgsql-general
I am using the PostgreSQL binary downloads for Debian from your apt
repositories.

I am about to upgrade from Debian 9 to Debian 10 and would like
comments for my plan:

1. I will follow Debian's instructions for upgrading from 9 to 10.

2. Before I start the actual upgrade, I will:

+ ensure all is up-to-date for my PostgreSQL as well as the rest of my system
+ temporarily comment out the PostgreSQL links in /etc/apt.
+ stop the pgsql server and prevent auto-restart upon reboot

3. After the successful upgrade I assume I will:

+ update the apt sources for PostgreSQL with the new name (buster)
+ update as usual
+ restart the pgsql server and resume auto-start upon reboot

Thanks for your help.

Blessings,

-Tom