Re: Trouble installing psycopg2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Augori
Subject Re: Trouble installing psycopg2
Date
Re: Trouble installing psycopg2  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Thanks, for the replies Chris and David.

Chris, I couldn't find any psycopg files under my Python installs, so I decided to try David's advice and yum install python-psycopg2
It reported success, but it installed it under ../usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages

I'm working with Python2.7.5, so psycopg2 won't import.   It believe that psycopg2 is not written for 2.4 or below.  That's why I installed 2.7.5.  So my question now is, how can I get yum to install it in the 2.7 site-packages?

Thanks.

PS.  About the virtualenv suggestion, I had tried using use virtualenv and virtualenvwrapper, following the instructions on this nice site.  http://bda.ath.cx/blog/2009/04/08/installing-python-26-in-centos-5-or-rhel5/
But, I couldn't get the bashrc to run without error, after adding this update
source /opt/bin/virtualenvwrapper_bashrc

So, I thought I'd throw caution to the wind and skip that part.
(that's how I got to easy_intall, which at least allowed me to specify
which python version)