Re: Parallel Seq Scan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bert
Subject Re: Parallel Seq Scan
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hey Robert,

Thank you for the help. As you might (not) know, I'm quite new to the community, but I'm learning. with the help from people like you.
anyhow, find attached a third attempt to a valid backtrace file.

This run is compiled from commit 5f10b7a604c87fc61a2c20a56552301f74c9bd5f and your latest patch atteched in this mailtrack.

cheers,
Bert​

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 6:55 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 6:52 AM, Bert <biertie@gmail.com> wrote:
> edit: maybe this is more useful? :)

Definitely.  But if you've built with --enable-debug and not stripped
the resulting executable, we ought to get line numbers as well, plus
the arguments to each function on the stack.  That would help a lot
more.  The only things that get dereferenced in that function are
"scan" and "parallel_scan", so it's a good bet that one of those
pointers is pointing off into never-never land.  I can't immediately
guess how that's happening, though.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company