Re: fix typos - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: fix typos
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 8:55 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> > This is really a straw-man proposal, since I'm not volunteering to do
> > the work, or suggest anybody else should do the same. That being the
> > case, it seems we should just go ahead with Justin's patch for
> > consistency. Possibly we could also change the messages to say "ID"?
>
> I'd be content if we change the user-facing messages (and documentation
> if any) to say "ID" not "OID".

The documentation has both, so it makes sense to standardize on "ID".
The messages all had oid/OID, which I changed in the attached. I think
I got all the places.

I'm thinking it's not wrong enough to confuse people, but consistency
is good, so backpatch to v15 and no further. Does anyone want to make
a case otherwise?

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com