Re: truncating timestamps on arbitrary intervals - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: truncating timestamps on arbitrary intervals
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 11:38 AM Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> Committed.
>
> I noticed that some of the documentation disappeared between v9 and v10.
>   So I put that back and updated it appropriately.  I also added a few
> more test cases to cover some things that have been discussed during the
> course of this thread.

Thanks! I put off updating the documentation in case the latest approach was not feature-rich enough.

> As a potential follow-up, should we perhaps add named arguments?  That
> might make the invocations easier to read, depending on taste.

I think it's quite possible some users will prefer that. All we need is to add something like

proargnames => '{bin_width,input,origin}'

to the catalog, right?

Also, I noticed that I put in double semicolons in the new functions somehow. I'll fix that as well.

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com