Re: meson PGXS compatibility - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: meson PGXS compatibility
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 12:50 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On 05.10.22 22:07, Andres Freund wrote:
> > 0001: autoconf: Unify CFLAGS_SSE42 and CFLAGS_ARMV8_CRC32C
>
> I wonder, there has been some work lately to use SIMD and such in other
> places.  Would that affect what kinds of extra CPU-specific compiler
> flags and combinations we might need?

In short, no. The functionality added during this cycle only uses instructions available by default on the platform. CRC on Arm depends on armv8-a+crc, and CRC on x86-64 depends on SSE4.2. We can't assume those currently.

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com