Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum
Date
Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Nov 24, 2022 at 9:54 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> [v11]

There is one more thing that just now occurred to me: In expanding the use of size classes, that makes rebasing and reworking the shared memory piece more work than it should be. That's important because there are still some open questions about the design around shared memory. To keep unnecessary churn to a minimum, perhaps we should limit size class expansion to just one (or 5 total size classes) for the near future?

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com