Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 25, 2022 at 6:47 PM John Naylor
<john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 24, 2022 at 9:54 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > [v11]
>
> There is one more thing that just now occurred to me: In expanding the use of size classes, that makes rebasing and
reworkingthe shared memory piece more work than it should be. That's important because there are still some open
questionsabout the design around shared memory. To keep unnecessary churn to a minimum, perhaps we should limit size
classexpansion to just one (or 5 total size classes) for the near future?

Make sense. We can add size classes once we have a good design and
implementation around shared memory.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada