Re: Transaction ISOLATION LEVEL - have I missed something? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Pól Ua Laoínecháin
Subject Re: Transaction ISOLATION LEVEL - have I missed something?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi David, and thanks for getting back to me.

>> Am I wrong about this?
> Transaction isolation levels are immaterial here.  The functions define what time they return:

Ah, yes, it now makes perfect sense...

All statements in a transaction which is READ COMMITTED sees the data
as of CLOCK_TIMESTAMP() and all statements in a transaction that is
SERIALIZABLE see the data as of TRANSACTION_TIMESTAMP().

At least, that's how I understand it now - my error was not
double-checking my function definitions.

Thanks again and rgs,

Pól Ua Laoínecháin...