Re: [GENERAL] Full Text Search combined with Fuzzy - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Full Text Search combined with Fuzzy
Date
List pgsql-general

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Nicolas Paris <niparisco@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

AFAIK there is no built-in way to combine full text search and fuzzy matching
(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/fuzzystrmatch.html).
By example, phrase searching with tipos in it.

First I don't know if postgresql concurrents (lucene based...) are able
to do so.

Second, is such feature is in the road map ?

Third, I wonder if it is a good idea to use the postgresql synonyms
feature for such prupose.(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/textsearch-dictionaries.html)
I mean, building up a synonyms dictionnary containing tipos. By eg:

postgres        pgsql
postgresql      pgsql
postgrez        pgsql
postgre         pgsql
gogle           googl
gooogle         googl

There is multiple way to build such dictionary. But my question is about
the implementation of dictionnaries in postgresql: Is postgresql
supposed to take advantage of billion entries dictionaries ?

dictionary is just a program, so it's  up to developer how to write efficient program to deal with billion entries. Specifically to synonym dictionary, it's not intended to work with a lot of entries. btw, have a look on contrib/dict_xsyn dictionary, which is more flexible than synonym.

Thanks by advance for you answers,