Re: Improvements and additions to COPY progress reporting - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matthias van de Meent
Subject Re: Improvements and additions to COPY progress reporting
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Thank you all for the suggestions. PFA version 8 of the patchset, in
which I have applied most of your comments. Unless explicitly named
below, I have applied the suggestions.

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 at 17:07, Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> - The blocks in copyfrom.cc/copyto.c should be reworked - I don't think
> we do this in our codebase.

I saw this being used in (re)index progress reporting, that's where I
took inspiration from. It has been fixed in the attached version.

> - I fir the "io_target" name misleading, because in some cases it's
> actually the *source*.

Yes, I was also not quite happy with this, but couldn't find a better
one at the point of writing the initial patchset. Would
"io_operations", "io_port", "operates_through" or "through" maybe be
better?

With regards,

Matthias van de Meent

Attachment