Re: Reducing the chunk header sizes on all memory context types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ranier Vilela
Subject Re: Reducing the chunk header sizes on all memory context types
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 29 Sept 2022 at 18:30, David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any opinions on this?
Hi,

Revisiting my work on reducing memory consumption, I found this patch left out.
I'm not sure I can help.
But basically I was able to write and read the block size, in the chunk.
Could it be the case of writing and reading the context pointer in the same way?
Sure this leads to some performance loss, but would it make it possible to get the context pointer from the chunk?
In other words, would it be possible to save the context pointer and compare it later in MemoryContextContains?

regards,
Ranier Vilela
Attachment