pgAdmin SSL support on OS X - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Travis Dart
Subject pgAdmin SSL support on OS X
Date
List pgadmin-support
I recently set up SSL authentication on Ubuntu 13.10 running PostgreSQL 9.1.

I can connect using pgAdmin on another Ubuntu machine. But it will not connect on when I try to use pgAdmin (v1.16.1) on OS 10.6.

On the OS X machine, I can connect with psql as follows (excuse the redaction):

PGHOSTADDR=---.---.---.--- \
PGDATABASE=--- \
PGUSER=--- \
PGREQUIRESSL=1 \
PGSSLCERT=~/.postgresql/postgresql.crt \
PGSSLKEY=~/.postgresql/postgresql.key \
PGSSLROOTCERT=~/.postgresql/root.crt \
psql

Using these same settings, pgAdmin will not connect. Each time I retry, it gives me a different error message. (It's very odd.) These are the error messages it gives me in the order I get them ('...path...' is the path to my certificate file):

"Error connecting to the server: SSL error: block type is not 01"
"Could not read certificate file '...path...' padding check failed."
"Could not read certificate file '...path...' EVP lib"
"Could not read certificate file '...path...' certificate verify failed."
"Could not read certificate file '...path...' uninitialized."

After this, it will repeat the "uninitialized" error message when I retry it. When I restart pgAdmin and try again, the messages start over.

Thanks for your help,

Travis