Streaming-SQL Database Startup PipelineDB out of Y-Combinator Hiring Core Engineering Team - Mailing list pgsql-jobs

From Jeff Ferguson
Subject Streaming-SQL Database Startup PipelineDB out of Y-Combinator Hiring Core Engineering Team
Date
List pgsql-jobs
CompanyPipelineDB

San Francisco, CA - Full Time

Hello PostgreSQL Experts!

We are a new, well funded Y-Combinator startup building a realtime analytics database (fork of PostgreSQL) that runs SQL queries continuously on streaming data.  You can think of what we're building as extremely high throughput materialized views with a fully ACID database, enabling a wide range of engineers to develop realtime applications with a query language only (SQL) versus chaining together multiple application development frameworks such as Kafka, Storm, Cassandra, etc.

We've just closed our seed round from prominent investors including Y-Combinator, SV Angel, Data Collective, Susa Ventures, Paul Buchheit (creator of Gmail), Kevin Scott (SVP Engineering at LinkedIn), and several others.  We also have top advisors from the PostgreSQL community and UC Berkeley computer science department.

We're looking for 3-4 backend engineers (job description below) for our core team to help build out the v1 of PipelineDB and are offering generous equity and salary packages.  If you think a high probability San Francisco tech startup in the streaming data space might be for you we'd love to have a brief introductory conversation with you.  Please email jobs@pipelinedb.com with your resume and a short blurb about your background and we'll personally follow up quickly.

Thanks in advance!  We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best Regards,
Jeff

--
Jeff Ferguson
Co-Founder, PipelineDB

PipelineDB (YC W14) is hiring employees #1 - #4

We are on a mission to build a new type of database for a modern world in which information is constantly moving, and moving fast. PipelineDB runs SQL queries continuously on large volumes of streaming data, giving companies the capability to easily develop scalable, realtime applications and services using only a familiar SQL interface. No application code is required.

This inherently involves solving many big problems, many of which are novel. We’re looking for creative engineers who appreciate the value and freedom of choosing their own projects, approaches, and working with other top talent in a low distraction, streamlined work environment in our new SOMA office.

We are well funded by top investors including SV Angel, Susa Ventures, Data Collective, Paul Buchheit, and more.

If you’ve been waiting for an opportunity like this, please send your resume and a quick blurb about yourself to jobs@pipelinedb.com. Right now we’re hiring for one position:

1) Software Engineer

Requirements:

* Bachelor's degree or higher in CS or related field

* You've worked with large C/C++ systems in a Linux environment

* Strong system-level debugging skills

* Strong understanding of how performant storage systems work

Bonus points:

* Experience with/contributions to PostgreSQL, Storm, Kafka, Samza, Kinesis, or Esper

* Experience with database internals

* Experience building distributed systems

* Experience building realtime systems

jobs@pipelinedb.com