Re: PostgreSQL training recommendations? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thalis Kalfigkopoulos
Subject Re: PostgreSQL training recommendations?
Date
Re: PostgreSQL training recommendations?  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
Re: PostgreSQL training recommendations?  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-general
True about the lack of framework putting the pieces together and
providing an overview.

Also IMHO another difficulty the manual poses is that the reader doesn't
have a way to confirm his level of understanding after reading a
chapter.

Letting aside the concepts for which creating a scenario/test-case are
downright complex, hard to reproduce or dependent on a
per-installation basis, the learning experience could greatly benefit
from a pg-tailored Q&A section at the end of each chapter. Perhaps
even a downloadable test database to play with? And not wanting to
just be lighting fires here, I'd be happy to volunteer.

Now I'd understand the Pg manual writers being reluctant about
shifting from manual to DB-book, but I'm guessing, the manual being as
well written as it is, that many of us are already using it as a
learning book anyway.

best regards,
Thalis K.