Re: BUG #13636: psql numericlocale adds comma where it ought not - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: BUG #13636: psql numericlocale adds comma where it ought not
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 4:06 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 2:19 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> I would have borrowed your regression test additions, except I'm afraid
>>> they will fail if the prevailing locale isn't C.
>
>> Oops, right.  (I suppose there could be a schedule of optional extra
>> tests that somehow run with C locale for psql, but perhaps not worth
>> setting up just for this.)
>
> Yeah, I thought about that too, and likewise decided it probably wasn't
> worth the trouble, not yet anyway.

About your follow-up commit 6325527d845b629243fb3f605af6747a7a4ac45f,
I noticed that glibc localedata has some grouping values of 0 (no
grouping at all), for example nl_NL, el_GR, hr_HR, it_IT, pl_PL,
es_CU, pt_PT and we don't honour that, if it's 0 we use 3.  All the
rest begin with 3, except for unm_US which uses 2;2;2;3 (apparently a
Delaware language), and I confirmed that now produces strings like "12
34 56", so I guess that obscure locale may be the only case that the
commit actually changes on a glibc system.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com