Re: [HACKERS] Measuring replay lag - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Measuring replay lag
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 10:50 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Second thoughts... I'll just make LagTrackerWrite externally
>> available, so a plugin can send anything it wants to the tracker.
>> Which means I'm explicitly removing the "logical replication support"
>> from this patch.
>
> Done.
>
> Here's the patch I'm looking to commit, with some docs and minor code
> changes as discussed.

Giving LagTrackerWrite external linkage seems sensible, assuming there
is a reasonable way for logical replication to decide when to call it.

+    system. Monitoring systems should choose whether the represent this
+    as missing data, zero or continue to display the last known value.

s/whether the/whether to/

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com