Re: [HACKERS] pg_recvlogical.c doesn't build with --disable-integer-datetimes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pg_recvlogical.c doesn't build with --disable-integer-datetimes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 9:04 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On February 17, 2017 11:40:57 AM PST, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> AFAICS, if you want to build with -Werror, you have to configure
>>> without that and then inject it afterwards.  I wonder how people who
>>> use -Werror are handling that.  Is it possible to do at all in a
>>> buildfarm critter?
>
>> Yea, I complained about that before. I think we'd have to add an extra configure option for it, because we rely in
settingit only for certain tests.   Personally I use CEXTRA (IIRC) to achieve that result after configure ran.

> [ pokes around... ]  Ah, that's called COPT, and it's entirely
> undocumented :-(.  Probably ought to fix that.

One way to set that up is like this:

$ cat src/Makefile.custom
COPT=-Wall -Werror $(CC_OPT)

--