Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Replication lag tracking for walsenders - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Replication lag tracking for walsenders
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 9:13 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 22 April 2017 at 06:45, Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks.  I'm away from my computer right now but will investigate this
>> and send a fix later today.
>
> Thanks. I'll review later today.

The assertion fails reliably for me, because standby2's reported write
LSN jumps backwards after the timeline changes: for example I see
3020000 then 3028470 then 3020000 followed by a normal progression.
Surprisingly, 004_timeline_switch.pl reports success anyway.  I'm not
sure why the test fails sometimes on tern, but you can see that even
when it passed on tern the assertion had failed.

Here is a fix for the assertion failure.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com