Re: A few warnings on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: A few warnings on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 4:28 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> That compiles and runs the main checks (except tablespace which I
>> suppress) cleanly for me and I assume it really is using
>> stdbool.h this time.  Hopefully plperl will be happier this way.
>
> Pushed.  I was slightly tempted to add a static assertion that
> SIZEOF_BOOL == sizeof(bool), but there's not any obvious home
> for such a thing, and it's probably just useless worrying anyway.

Thanks.  Looking good on dory and woodlouse.

The only remaining warnings on those machines now come from the fact
that our port_win32.h and Perl's XSUB.h both want to define macros to
define macros for libc functions like mkdir etc.  plperl.h already
seems to deal with other similar kinds of ugliness.  Perhaps if
PG_NEED_PERL_XSUB_H is defined we should undefine port_win32.h's
libc-stealing macros before including it?  Either way XSUB.h's
definitions win.  That should get us to 0 warnings.  See attached (not
tested).

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com