Re: [HACKERS] Secondary index access optimizations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Secondary index access optimizations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 3:58 AM, Konstantin Knizhnik
<k.knizhnik@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> Updated version of the patch is attached to this mail.
> Also I added support of date type to operator_predicate_proof to be able to
> imply (logdate <= '2017-03-31') from (logdate < '2017-04-01') .

Hi Konstantin,

Is there any reason why you don't want to split this into two separate
proposals?  One for remove_restrictions_implied_by_constraints() and
one for the operator_predicate_proof() changes.

Your v3 patch breaks the new partition_join test (the recently
committed partition-wise join stuff), as far as I can tell in a good
way.  Can you please double check those changes and post an updated
patch?

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com