Re: Obsolete use of volatile in walsender.c, walreceiver.c, walreceiverfuncs.c? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Obsolete use of volatile in walsender.c, walreceiver.c, walreceiverfuncs.c?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 8:52 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 11:01 PM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Right, see attached.
>>
>> It seems to me that we could as well simplify checkpoint.c and
>> logical.c. In those files volatile casts are used as well to protect
>> from reordering for spinlock operations. See for example 0002 on top
>> of 0001 that is Thomas' patch.
>
> These patches look good to me, so I have committed them.

Thanks.  Also, spin.h's comment contains an out of date warning about
this.  Here's a suggested fix for that, and a couple more volatrivia
patches.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com