PG Dump on 11 - Restore on 16 - is possible? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Durumdara
Subject PG Dump on 11 - Restore on 16 - is possible?
Date
Re: PG Dump on 11 - Restore on 16 - is possible?
Re: PG Dump on 11 - Restore on 16 - is possible?
Re: PG Dump on 11 - Restore on 16 - is possible?
List pgsql-general
Hello!

We have to upgrade our server. The PG upgrade is impossible because of too much data.
So we will create a new server with PG 16, and we have to migrate the databases one by one (from a PG 11 server).

Is it possible?

Does PG16 read PG11 dumps and restore them correctly on the PG16 server?

Or is it unsupported now?

Thank you!

Best regards
dd