Re: New Slave - timeline ERROR - Mailing list pgsql-general

From drum.lucas@gmail.com
Subject Re: New Slave - timeline ERROR
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi @bricklen. Thanks for your reply. I've been working on it for 20h =(
So....

The master is currently shipping the WALs to the slave.
When pg_basebackup has done, I got a successful log:
postgres(iostreams)[10037]:       2016-01-09 00:07:26.604 UTC|10085|LOG:  database system is ready to accept read only connections
The problem happens when, after pg_basebackup, I change the recovery.conf to replicate from live,  changing these 2 lines:
standby_mode = on
primary_conninfo = 'host=IP_TO_THE_OTHER_SLAVE port=5432 user=replicator application_name=replication_slave02'

I read the link you have sent: http://dba.stackexchange.com/a/53546/24393
I'm doing all exactly the same, but only one parameter is different:

time pg_basebackup --pgdata=$PGDATA --host=IP_OF_MASTER --port=5432 --username=replication --password --xlog-method=stream --format=plain --progress --verbose
I'm not using --xlog-method=strem
I'm using:
ssh postgres@slave1 'pg_basebackup --pgdata=- --format=tar --label=bb_master --progress --host=localhost --port=5432 --username=replicator --xlog | pv --quiet --rate-limit 100M' | tar -x --no-same-owner

on http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/app-pgbasebackup.html is:
-xlog

Using this option is equivalent of using -X with method fetch.

So... I have 2 TB of data. I wouldn't like to run the pg_basebackup again with the option: --xlog-method=stream without have sure that is going to work....

Do you have any other ideia? Do you know if --xlog it's the problem and I should re-run the pg_basebackup again with the --xlog-method=stream option?

Thank you

Lucas Possamai