Re: PostgreSQL 9.5, mysql_fdw, and IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 9.5, mysql_fdw, and IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA question
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01/08/2016 08:45 PM, Deven Phillips wrote:
> I DID get a foreign table to work using the following:
>
> CREATE FOREIGN TABLE customer (
> id BIGINT,
> name VARCHAR(150),
> parent_id BIGINT,
> oracle_id BIGINT,
> last_updated_time TIMESTAMP,
> created_time TIMESTAMP) SERVER mysql OPTIONS (dbname 'mydb', table_name
> 'customer');
>
> And I was subsequently able to query that table from PostgreSQL..

Yes, dbname is a required option to FOREIGN TABLE:

https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/mysql_fdw
"The following parameters can be set on a MySQL foreign table object:

dbname: Name of the MySQL database to query. This is a mandatory option."