Re: Custom Scan APIs (Re: Custom Plan node) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shigeru Hanada
Subject Re: Custom Scan APIs (Re: Custom Plan node)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> Just to come back to this- the other two "contrib module" patches, at least
>> as I read over their initial submission, were *also* patching portions of
>> backend code which it was apparently discovered that they needed.  That's
>> a good bit of my complaint regarding this approach.
>>
> ?? Sorry, are you still negative on the portion of backend patched
> by the part-2 and part-3 portion??

Perhaps he meant to separate patches based on feature-based rule.  IMO
if exposing utilities is essential for Custom Scan API in practical
meaning, IOW to implement and maintain an extension which implements
Custom Scan API, they should be go into the first patch.  IIUC two
contrib modules are also PoC for the API, so part-2/3 patch should
contain only changes against contrib and its document.

Besides that, some typo fixing are mixed in part-2 patch.  They should
go into the part-1 patch where the typo introduced.

--
Shigeru HANADA