Re: pgsql_fdw, FDW for PostgreSQL server - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shigeru Hanada
Subject Re: pgsql_fdw, FDW for PostgreSQL server
Date
Re: pgsql_fdw, FDW for PostgreSQL server  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Sorry for delayed response.

2011/11/29 Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at>:
> I think that this is not always safe even from PostgreSQL to PostgreSQL.
> If two databases have different collation, "<" on strings will behave
> differently.

Indeed.  I think that only the owner of foreign table can keep collation
consistent between foreign and local, like data type of column.  We need to
support per-column-collation on foreign tables too, or should deny pushing
down condition which is collation-sensitive...

Regards,--
Shigeru Hanada