Re: psql :: support for \ev viewname and \sv viewname - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dean Rasheed
Subject Re: psql :: support for \ev viewname and \sv viewname
Date
List pgsql-hackers
[Looking back over old threads]

On 22 July 2015 at 22:00, Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com> wrote:
> This appears to be missing support for view options (WITH CHECK OPTION
> and security_barrier), so editing a view with either of those options
> will cause them to be stripped off.

It seems like this issue was never addressed, and it needs to be fixed for 9.6.

Here is a rough patch based on the way pg_dump handles this. It still
needs a bit of polishing -- in particular I think fmtReloptionsArray()
(copied from pg_dump) should probably be moved to string_utils.c so
that it can be shared between pg_dump and psql. Also, I'm not sure
that's the best name for it -- I think appendReloptionsArray() is a
more accurate description of what is does.

Regards,
Dean

Attachment