Re: Additional improvements to extended statistics - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dean Rasheed
Subject Re: Additional improvements to extended statistics
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 at 00:06, Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 09, 2020 at 01:01:57AM +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> >
> >Attaches is an updated patch series
> >with parts 0002 and 0003 adding tests demonstrating the issue and then
> >fixing it (both shall be merged to 0001).
> >

> One day I won't forget to actually attach the files ...

0001-0003 look reasonable to me.

One minor point -- there are now 2 code blocks that are basically the
same, looping over a list of clauses, calling clause_selectivity() and
then applying the "s1 = s1 + s2 - s1 * s2" formula. Perhaps they could
be combined into a new function (clauselist_selectivity_simple_or(),
say). I guess it would need to be passed the initial starting
selectivity s1, but it ought to help reduce code duplication.

Regards,
Dean