Re: BUG #17803: Rule "ALSO INSERT ... SELECT ..." fails to substitute default values - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dean Rasheed
Subject Re: BUG #17803: Rule "ALSO INSERT ... SELECT ..." fails to substitute default values
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, 24 Feb 2023 at 16:53, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> It might be worth doing
>
> +        if (rte->rtekind == RTE_SUBQUERY && !rte->lateral &&
> +            contain_vars_of_level((Node *) rte->subquery, 1))
> +            rte->lateral = true;
>
> so as to save the expense of contain_vars_of_level() when the flag
> is already set.  However, it's arguable that no users would bother
> with writing LATERAL, so this might be pointless.

OK, maybe not essential, but that does seem more consistent with what
we do in other places.

> More importantly, I think the comment could do with a bit more
> information.  Maybe like ...

Yeah I thought about adding more detail to that comment, but couldn't
come up with the right set of words. That looks reasonable to me.

Pushed.

Regards,
Dean