Re: Is Synchronous Postgresql Replication Slower Than Asynchronous? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Is Synchronous Postgresql Replication Slower Than Asynchronous?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 20 January 2012 21:53, Jerry Richards <jerry.richards@teotech.com> wrote:
> I noticed there are several synchronous implementations (Postgre-XC, PGCluster, pgpool, rubyrep, built-in streaming,
etc.). When you say, " you can dynamically change that right down to the transaction level...", are you referring
specificallyto one of these implementations?

I refer specifically to the synchronous replication feature that was
introduced into PostgreSQL itself, in the current 9.1 release:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/warm-standby.html#SYNCHRONOUS-REPLICATION