ERROR: found multixact XX from before relminmxid YY - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Fletcher
Subject ERROR: found multixact XX from before relminmxid YY
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Starting yesterday morning, auto vacuuming of one of our postgresql 9.6.10 (CentOS 7) table's started failing:

ERROR:  found multixact 370350365 from before relminmxid 765860874
CONTEXT:  automatic vacuum of table "userdb.public.subs"

This is about as plain and simple a table as there is. No triggers or foreign keys, I'm not using any extensions. It has about 2.8M rows. I have not done any consistency checks, but nothing strange has manifested in production.

Reading the various discussions about this error, the only solution I found was here:

But no other reports of this solving the problem. Can someone verify that if I do the mentioned fix (and I assume upgrade to 9.6.11) that will fix the problem? And that it doesn't indicate table corruption?

Thanks,
Mark