Re: PGSQL bug - "Column ??? is an identity column defined as GENERATED ALWAYS.", - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Petr Hybler
Subject Re: PGSQL bug - "Column ??? is an identity column defined as GENERATED ALWAYS.",
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I am using Sequelize - but I figured a way with bulkCreate there is an option to list fields I wanna use in the query, so I list the entire table down except the PK (Generated Identity column) ... anyway, thx for the response guys, much appreciated

On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 2:43 PM Philip Semanchuk <philip@americanefficient.com> wrote:

> On Aug 19, 2021, at 12:17 AM, Petr Hybler <petr.hybler@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is there a possibility to have that fixed rather than using the workaround? The problem is with ORM frameworks where there is no possibility to use this clause OVERRIDING SYSTEM VALUE ...

Depending on your ORM, it may be possible to alter how it constructs this particular statement. For instance, SQLAlchemy 1.3 has a hook that we use to change the syntax it generates for autoincrement PK columns.

https://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/13/dialects/postgresql.html#postgresql-10-identity-columns